Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Tide Is High

Once upon a time in a not at all magical land called Junior High School, we girls had the option of taking a beginners sewing class as a precursor to Home Ec. Because I was too cool for school, I voted a resounding AS IF! to the class, because only Supernerds would go to that class and I DON'T HANG WITH NERDS. Apparently my inner geek was a late bloomer because now I rue the day I didn't take that class and still have no sewing skillz and those Old School Supernerds from 1990 are having the last laugh. I bet they're still nerds though, just not cool nerds, so I say YOU FOOLS! to them. Don't get me wrong, I can sew a button tight and stitch a hole closed like it's nobody's business but damn if I wasn't a jerk for not ever learning to do anything more, like knitting or crocheting. <-- And that looks incredibly stupid, is it spelled correctly? Spellcheck says "yes!"

So imagine my amazement! shock! hot damn and hallelujah! when I found 2 of the same vintage 50's skirts with the best knitting novelty print ever. You heard me, KNITTING. What are the chances of THAT happening, like 47 million to 1? I bet there were only 2 of these skirts ever made of all time and I have them both! (OK, so I like to make up statistics that are totally irrelevant and unsound, for dramatic effect. Imagine if you would, the sound of thunder and creepy church organs playing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, to enhance the wonder of it all.)

Should you happen to be a knitter or a sewer, I think you would be highly amused at the goody-two-shoes-iness of the print. If they had kittens and baby jebuses on them, they'd be the Ultimate of Wholesome and would probably hold some kind of power, like curing bunions. But these do not have any powers that I'm aware of, just so you know. If blasphemy is wrong, I don't want to be right.


Need to show the world that you have a ball of yarn and aren't afraid to use it? Have no bunions that require a miracle? Click the pics to take you to the listings, available at Fast Eddie's Retro Rags. Amen, brother.



BEHOLD!
Photobucket



SHAZAM!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment