Tuesday, May 13, 2008

eVintage Society's Blog Tag Wednesday!

To honor the 10 year anniversary of Frank Sinatra's passing (today), the USPS issued a Sinatra stamp and Turner Classics has been running Sinatra films all month.

I've been tagged by Empress Jade Vintage!

1) Show your favorite Rat Pack look in your inventory (early 60s suit, fedora, tie, cuff links, loop collar shirt.....)

So many choices- one of my all time favorite eras of clothing- especially for the menfolk. But my favorite shirt of the hour would be this swanky 50's/60's number in 2tone rayon and corduroy.



2) Favorite Sinatra song?

The Way You Look Tonight!!! Cliche or not, I have sentimental reasons. That song still gives me butterflies every time I hear it. Awww....

3) Favorite Rat Pack member? (Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Joey Bishop, Sammy Davis Jr. or Peter Lawford)

I know I'm *supposed* to say Sinatra but popularity-be-damned, Dino always has and always will hold a ridiculous sentimental attachment for me to the guy, above all those other cats. (ha ha, I said "cats" like I'm hep or something.)

4) Best Sinatra "era"? (40s young & skinny, 50s swingin' crooner or 60s Rat Pack suave?)
I love that late 50's to early 60's period best. For music and fashion. Come to think of it, movies too.

5) Favorite Sinatra wife? (Nancy, Ava Gardner, Mia Farrow or Barbra).
Oh hell, the tumultuous Ava era!

6) Been to Vegas, how many times and best Vegas story.

I guess I can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Whatever THAT means. Never been there. We're planning on it...some day...when I'm awfully low...

No comments:

Post a Comment