Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Atomic Tuesday: Hello, World, Hear The Song That We're Singin'. C'mon Get Happy!

Welcome to Atomic Tuesday! (And yes, I do realise I forgot all about Prints Charming Sunday, sorry 'bout that.)

Photobucket


Fortunately, when scouting around online to find something to post about for our Atomic Tuesday theme, I came across this super cool, super wacky Vintage 50's Atomic Tablecloth with a mystery print of, like, depressed chickens and Turkish lamps (I dunno, I just made that up. I don't even know what Turkish lamps *are*, but I imagine they're something like what's pictured on this) from seller Neato Keen ...


Photobucket


Photobucket



... UNfortunately, for some reason it reminds me of the opening credits of the Partridge Family tv show, which in turn makes the theme song get stuck in my head, and that, my friends, will not make me "get hap-eee!" (I knew that freakshow Danny Bonaduce was demon spawn. I just knew it.)

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I love that some birds in the print have escaped to roam free amongst the boomerangs and paper lanterns, and some are still (Turkish lamp) caged. Additionally, now the Partridge Family theme is stuck in MY head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, CAGES! That's what they are, cages! Boy am I a schmuck for not seeing that. You're a genius, Lisa! (Still, calling them "turkish lamps" seems a lot less, you know, bird flu-y.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a fab find! Can I just say that the 'depressed chickens & turkish lamp' reference completely cracked me up! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha and on a "new" station called "Antenna TV" (check your local listings, it's on channel 5.2 here in southern Calif.,) they now show reruns of... The Partridge Family! Oh boy! David Cassidy never looked so feminine! lol (not that there's anything wrong with that) and Susan Dey was so anorexic! Love those 70's shows NOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo, I never watched the Partridge Family so that's not stuck in my head. I love love love thinks with birds, and especially chickens on them! I may be a wee bit obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen The Partridge family. It's next on my list of vintage tv to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised how many people haven't seen the show! (Not like you've been missing anything, the show's kinda sucktastic. Although it does score high on the "delightfully crappy" scale, so there you go.)

    ReplyDelete