Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Way-Out Wednesday: No Country For Old Dolls.

Welcome to Way-Out Wednesday!

Photobucket


Given the ridonkulous heat my fellow northeasterners have to endure, and the flooding of you midwesterners and, like, the fire that's probably going on somewhere in California right now, I thought I'd reward you all with a special Way-Out Wednesday treat. A doll. One "holy hell that is one creepy-ass doll" doll.





Behold:

Photobucket

No, your eyes don't deceive you. That is a girl doll. With an extreme disproportionate face-to-noggin-size ratio. That looks mildly retarded. And somehow old. And bald. Even Prince Charming looks like he'd rather bludgeon himself with a lute than have to kiss The Thing That Fire Wouldn't Kill.


I mean really:

Photobucket

It's terrifying and questionable and wrong and disturbing and because of those things, is totally right in my book.

Vintage 50's Tiny Doll (did I mention it's only 3 inches tall?! Because it is. Why so small? Good God, what purpose does that serve?!) available on Etsy from seller Covetable Curiosities. (I strongly suggest you check out their store- it's chock full of cool, vintage trinkets & teeny plastic bits and interesting whatnots. Like more dolls like this gem. You're welcome.)




10 comments:

  1. Yes...that is a creepy ass doll. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a creepy little thing-wish I hadn't seen it just before bed....
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *have* bludgeoned myself with a lute and that's just from looking at it online. I can't imagine actually seeing it in person. I find most dolls creepy and I think this a prime example of why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really do find the weirdest things, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They call 'her' "covetable"? My God, run for the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking the child who originally owned the doll was traumatized by nightmares for the rest of its life... :O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaugh! Why are its eyes so close together? Was it made in Russia as part of a Cold War plot to terrify American children?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate to admit it but I do really love that crazy thing. I think that the doll maker put those horizontal stripes on her her skirt to try and draw attention away from her curiously wide head.

    Cool shop too! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a feeling that may have been some kind of a prize given at a carnival - they had the cheapest items possible and I think I once won something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. floated to your blog and scrolled through some older posts. this one made me giggle :P
    ~ana

    ReplyDelete