Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Way-Out Wednesday: Art & Soul

Welcome to Way-Out Wednesday!

Photobucket

Every once in a while I like to take a break from spotlighting vintage and focus on the handmade/artsy folk, the ones that create something that "moves me" in some way, shape or form. (That sounds cheesy, I know. Work with me and my corniness here, people.)

Today I'm showing original prints from Mari Lowery Photography, all available for super decent prices on Etsy. She takes photos of things in her neighborhood in New York like old store window displays, front yards, kitschy things at Coney Island. You know, pretty random stuff. But it works because of the vintage vibe in her shots: the 50's-esque, grainy and watery colors combined with this sort of underlying dark and slightly creepy edge. Perfect for Way-Out Wednesday! Here are a few of her prints currently available for sale~


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. OOOoohhh! Those are tackylicious pics! Love the doll parts and the ferris wheel! So kitschy!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feature, Kim. That clown photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiiinda Creepy... but cute none-the-less haha!


    http://www.etsy.com/shop/MarySueTattoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,

    I just noticed that this doesn't link back to my shop. Please do that, okay? thanks, mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh-oh! Dammit!

    OK, your link should be working fine and dandy now, right to your shop Mari! (Thanks for the heads-up!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of these pics are vintage beautiful I love Mary and the fair.

    ReplyDelete