Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Way-Out Wednesday: What'chu Talkin' 'Bout, Willis?

It's Way-Out Wednesday time!



Because I do love me some creepy, strange, grumpy and bizarro dolls, I present you with my Way Out Wednesday gift:




There is so much right and so much wrong with this little thing, making me love it all the more. I love that the title is "Vintage Rubber Sitting Doll With Attitude". I picture someone saying that title out loud and using jazz hands when they come to the "With Attitude" part. Possibly ending with a "ta-daaa!" flourish. Is she mad, ready to cry or just seriously annoyed and about to put a whoopin' down on all y'all? Is she black? Eskimo? Native American? Asian? None of the above? The love child of Nell Carter, Moe from "the Three Stooges", Tammy Faye Baker's fake eyelashes, the entire cast of "Grumpy Old Men", a bran muffin and Dee from "What's Happening"? The world may never know.



Vintage rubber sitting doll with attitude currently available on Etsy from Ismoyo.

4 comments:

  1. OMG my toddler freaked when he saw that doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doll is kinda scary. I can't imagine how a child would react to that thing.
    Ally
    @
    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell, it scares me now, it would have terrified me as a kid. It looks super constipated, too. At least, that's how I'm reading it's facial expression.

    ReplyDelete