Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween Friday: Sympathy For The Devil

Photobucket

Welcome to the second to last Halloween Friday! The theme for the day is the devil. Before you get all: "Say what now, girlfriend?!"- (and I'm almost 47% sure you would never even say something like that to begin with, but let's just go with it, for art's sake)- I've got 'splainin' to do. I realise that the devil probably isn't exactly the first thing to come to mind when thinking of Halloween, but the way I sees it, when will it ever be apropos of me to show off vintage devils as a theme? National Glaucoma Awareness Month? Leif Erikson Day? International Sword Swallowers Week? World Leprosy Day? While I may celebrate each of those events in my own special way, including but not limited to: getting my eyebrows waxed, yelling at the teenagers to get off my lawn, and/or eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's in one sitting while watching a Laverne & Shirley marathon, there just is no real outlet for a devil theme, is the point I'm trying to get to, rather unsuccessfully.

So enjoy this devil theme, and let me be the first to say "Happy Sarcasm Awareness Month!" And yes, naysayers, it's a real thing. Like I'd make that up.


Photobucket

Winky Devil Box Purse. Each purse is one of a kind and made from upcycled materials, and I know you greenies appreciate that.



Photobucket

Agorables Devil Boy Wallet. Ok, if you've never seen Agorables stuff, click the link to go to the Agorables' etsy store to see more stuff. It's sort of like a mashup of Emily Strange and Happy Bunny. Crude, vulgar and really funny. If you're into that sort of thing.



Photobucket

Vintage 50's/60's Devil Hand Towels.



Photobucket

Vintage 50's/60's Devil Pixie Knee-Hugger. I know there are TONS of people who collect these so if you're one of 'em, you should grab this guy, if for no other reason than because it looks like he just scarfed down a bag of Cheetos.


Photobucket

Vintage 50's Rockabilly Devil Earrings. Handlebar mustachio? Instant win.


If I was to dress up as a devil this Halloween, there's no way in HELL (ha! get it?) I'd go the Sexy Slutty Naughty Vampy Devil Girl route. That whole schtick makes me want to bitch slap any female who does. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for showin' it if you got it, but there's a fine line between sexy and "dead hooker in the trunk of a car". However, if I was to dress up, I'd put a spin on the devil costume and rock it up with some apropos vintage pieces, such as these 2 things:

Photobucket

Vintage 40's Sculptural Devilish Hat

and

Photobucket

Victorian-Influenced Vintage Button-Up Boots.


1 comment:

  1. Hey there. These are so cool. I love devilish items. Happy Sunday to you. I hope you've been enjoying the weekend. Take care. Good luck with the week ahead. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete