Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Way-Out Wednesday: Let's Play A Game of....BRAINS...

Photobucket

Welcome to Way-Out Wednesday! In keeping with the Halloween spirit and admiring many an Etsy chick with mad craftacular skillz, I found something that is not only creative but a little odd, in the best way, of course. There is a seller called P's and Q's who makes checkerboards from upcycled wood and hand-painted, unique checkerboard pieces. You won't find the standard plastic black and red circle pieces (like the uber craptastic set I have), nay, she makes her pieces into the shapes of mummies and vampires and even, dare I say, Sasquatches. Because it's like I always never say: "A girl cannot live without a checkerboard set of Sasquatches."

And so, behold her sets of wonder and joy! Perfect for that rare combo of Horror Fan and Super Nerd:

Photobucket

This is what a whole set would look like, including the board. What a swell and creative idea, right? I'd probably end up half-assing it, give up after painting 1/2 of one, get frustrated and end up throwing it outside into the street. But then, I have a little problem with "anger management", apparently.

Photobucket

Vampires Vs. Mummies!

But wait! There's more...

Photobucket

Yettis Vs. Sasquatches (Also, I'm not sure how to spell the plural of "yeti". Stupid spellcheck offered me nothing. That jerk.)

Photobucket

Aliens Vs. Robots


Photobucket

And yes, even Zombies Vs. Angry Townspeople


No comments:

Post a Comment