Friday, August 21, 2009

My Aqua Blue Heaven: Heat Wave

Photobucket

Welcome to another Aqua Blue Heaven Friday! My inspiration this week was born from the sluggery and slackishness that summer heat brings. When it's too hot, that means the motivation for carrying out dull and meaningless adult tasks like working come to a screeching halt. I have 3 air conditioners running and somehow it's still only lukewarm-feeling in here. What gives?! I demand an arctic blast of freezy arctiness when I come home, you bastard air conditioners! Sorry environment, you'll have to take one more for the team. (Furthermore, I do my fair share of enviro-friendly crap around this dumb earth, so lay off with the lectures, pleaseandthanks. Not you guys, of course. The damn hippies.) And I know, enough already with the "Wah! It's hot. Wah! Its summer." I've turned into one of those people that *I* mock for complaining about the weather, when there's not a dang thing you can do about it. I am ashamed. Still, it's REALLY FREAKING HOT. There. I'm done now.

What's not only really good but really stinkin' cute in weather like this is a vintage 50's cotton skirt! I've been wearing them and simple 50's cotton sundresses all week. I'd rather get a full-frontal assault of icy air from an air conditioner that worked, but cute vintage summer pieces are a good second. So this week's theme is the vintage 50's cotton skirt! Cool novelty prints, and of course, touches of aqua blue!


Photobucket

Vintage 50's Ribbon Stripes Skirt.



Photobucket

Vintage 50's Sequined Mexican Tourist Circle Skirt.



Photobucket

Vintage 50's Circus Novelty Print Circle Skirt.



Photobucket

Vintage 50's Cowboys & Cowgirls Square Dance Novelty Print Skirt.



Photobucket

Vintage 50's Asian Fishing Boat Novelty Print Circle Skirt.




"Heat Wave" by Martha and the Vandellas

3 comments:

  1. I love those skirts! They are just gorgeous, and even look cool.

    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like a cucumber, baby.

    Aren't they fab? I want to hoard them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy
    Oh wow I so want those skirts !
    Not sure what to do with them (unless they come in a
    non -vintage sized person 2x ),
    but hey I could hang them on the wall for artistic motivation and dream about the day I would be tiny enough to wear them :)
    It's the summer heat it makes me daydream more randomly than usual .
    Anyhoo
    Thanks for the cool retro post !
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs from Texas
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete