Friday, October 31, 2008

Zombie Dance

Happy Halloween, boils and ghouls! (Thank you! I'll be here all night! Don't forget to tip your witchtress and please try the boiled brains!)

Meh. Too much cheese for the morning. I apologise.

Today is the last entry for the month's ongoing saga, "the ABC'S of the Gashlycrumb Tinies". I'm half sad that it's come to an end, but more than half happy to be done with it already. Kind of like getting your teeth drilled, if you happen to enjoy that sort of thing. Perhaps I'll do it again next Halloween, but let's hope I forget. But you know what? Xmas is coming and what could possibly be more fun than doing a blog revolved around "The 12 Days of Christmas"? Getting your teeth drilled, for one.

Photobucket

So on that note, it saddens my heart (two sizes too small) to bring you the last dead Tiny. Until next year, fellow freaks and geeks.

Z is for Zillah who drank too much gin.

(That's the best way to go, really.)

Photobucket

Z is also for zombie.

Here's a list I just made up off the top of my head, in no particular order, of must-see zombie flicks. It is Halloween after all, in case you didn't know. So here they are: the good, the bad and the cheesy.

1. White Zombie. One of the first real zombie movies ever made that we know of, dating to 1932. How cool is that? It's good to know there were freaks for the horror business even back then.

2. Teenage Zombies. Nothing but the best from 1959. Come on now, how you can not love a plot that involves teenagers stranded on an island who get rescued from a mad scientist by a zombie gorilla and then get rewarded by meeting the president?

3. Night of the Living Dead. A classic from '68 that pretty much influenced all future horror/zombie movies. Buttloads of lame remakes done in 1985 and 1990.

4. Heavy Metal. With a soundtrack including Devo, Blue Oyster Cult, Cheap Trick and Journey, you know it's gonna rock your face off. 1981

5. Redneck Zombies. Never saw it, but with a title like THAT, it'll be my life's work to find it and watch it.

6. Zombie High. Will those slutty teenagers ever learn? 1987

7. Pet Sematary. I and II. Undead zombie pets? Awesome. 1989 & 1992

8. My Boyfriend's Back. We get it. Slutty teenagers. Alright already! 1993.

9. Dawn of the Dead (2004 remake of 1978's) and Shaun of the Dead (2004), 2 of my favorite new zombie flicks. Zombies in England? That's hilarious for some reason that I can't quite explain.

So that's it for now. I'm stopping at 9 which is essentially 10, because I'm half-assing it today. Someone's got to spike the punch.


Photobucket



* "Zombie Dance by The Cramps"

3 comments:

  1. Heavy Metal was a great flick. I liked it best when those 2 aliens snorted the space coke.

    I give you TWO gold stars for your work this month, bravo, I was thoroughly entertained and then some, you did a great job kiddo! A+

    I hope you give the 12 days of x-mas a try.

    Today was cool, we went to go see Obama speak with about 25,000 other people, it was kick butt.

    Have a splendid weekend my pally, mine will be full of kid and full of Football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dood! I might give the Xmas thing a whirl, but you can't imagine how much thinking and searching is involved with that kind of blog-writing! And deep thinking makes my brain sad. (Just kick my butt about doing it when it gets closer to December!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall remind you like an annoying pain in the ass as December draws closer, but Ill put money on the fact that it wont take much for you to pull it off.

    You haz talent.

    ReplyDelete