Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Way-Out Wednesday: When Good Fruit Goes Bad.

Welcome to Way-Out Wednesday!







Today's pick is this Vintage Apple & Banana Scatter Pin Set:





You may ask: "What's so "way-out" about that?" It's not creepy or disturbing, true. But it's wacky (always good) and anything anthropomorphic is usually always a good time. I find the set hilarious for a few reasons. First, googly eyes = win! Second, thanks to the wonders of time and aging, the banana's a little rusty 'round the peepers and now looks like he's beginning to rot. (Why do I find that amusing? I don't know. I just do.) But most of all, the apple is doing the Rerun dance! A million percent win! Anyone that does the Rerun dance is OK in my book.

For those of you who don't know who Rerun is or his "poppin' & lockin'" sweet dance skills, he was a character on a 1970s American tv show called What's Happening!! (Yes, with 2 exclamation marks. I'm really not yelling the title at you.)


I couldn't find any decent stills of Rerun dancing, but here's a youtube clip, should you be feeling funky and needing to get down wit' you bad self:

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, i wonder what happened to my sequined beret.....and yes, anything with googly-eyes is a WIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And rainbow suspenders! Can't forget the rainbow suspenders!

    ReplyDelete