Monday, January 18, 2010

Go Boy Go! RIP Carl Smith

Country music legend Carl Smith died Saturday at the age of 82. He was a Grand Ol' Opry favorite and finally inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2003. Not quite rockabilly, not quite hillbilly, Carl had a cool voice that was a little Hank-esque, a little twangy, and a little crooner-y all at the same time. RIP Carl, you will be missed.




Here's Carl performing "Are You Teasing Me" from 1955. It's not my favorite song, but this video clip makes me weak in the knees~ not only was he a fine piece back in the day (the hair! the face! the suits!), but the clothes are too dreamy!





Here's a song I am particularly crazy about, Go Boy Go! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. RIP indeed.

    BTW, I love the new layout chickiee.
    and did you ever see Zoolander? If you did go take a look at my blog. (you can edit this part out of my comment if you want too)

    ReplyDelete