Friday, July 17, 2009

My (Aqua) Blue Heaven Friday- Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio?

Photobucket

Welcome, my delicious peeps, to another (Aqua) Blue Heaven Friday! This week's theme is the vintage 50's/60's aqua blue radio! Normally I'd be all "sweet!" and "fark yeah!" and "zounds!" ("zounds"? I dunno, just roll with it) only because I thought fer sure that finding aqua radios would be as easy as falling off a log (apparently I'm 80 and a cast member of Little House on the Prairie today), but no! Would you believe that throughout all of the internets there are but a few aqua radios? What's the dealio? Just a few years/months/weeks ago (I can't be specific, sorry, but I can't even remember what I did yesterday, so how can you expect me to recall when and where I saw a vintage radio in the past year?) it seemed like you couldn't swing a bag full of cats without running into one. Now, the pickin's are gettin' slim. Like finding a good man. Or a good pair of stretchy pants.

So it is with a great sadness and heavy heart (not really, I'm just hungry and it makes me dramatic and carry on with inner dialogues like this one right here) that I could only present 3 aqua radios, however they do kick much ass. If you're in the market for a vintage aqua radio, may I suggest you hop on it soon, because for some reason they're not an easy find. Or maybe it's just a bad week for them and there's really a plethora of them out there still and I don't know what I'm talking about, which could very well be, but let's just pretend there's an Aqua Radio Pandemic anyway, for dramatic effect.


Photobucket

Vintage 60's Realtone Clock Radio. It has "Telechron Movement" and is called a "Realtone Solid State"- I have no idea what it all means but the atomic age sure had a way of making things sound important. Also I should mention that the radio is only AM. No FM for you!



Photobucket

Vintage 50's Random Aqua Radio. There's no mention of a maker and this might be vital information: the cord's been cut off, which may be slightly important. It's still way rad looking, though. Broken crap needs love too, you know. So unless you know how to fix it (you tech nerd!), it's pretty much only good for sitting around like eye candy, looking cool and being awesome. You know, like moi. (Super nerd!)




Photobucket

Vintage 50's Emerson Restored Clock Radio. Also no FM for you! But it does have an external timer so you can plug in your coffee pot to the radio, which is kinda weird, come to think of it...or set the timer to...well, I can't really think of anything else that would necessitate a timer. Use your imagination.





"Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio? by the Ramones.

14 comments:

  1. Holy crap, I missed ton of your posts, how did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! Where HAS been my Monkey been anyway?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim: Tune me in. I love the second one, but the cut wire turns it into a paperweight (albiet a super-d-duper cool one). I'll take the first one, despite its slightly functional and conservative stylings. I actually like the looks of the third one the best, but it lacks the essential Telechron Movement. -- Mykal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahaha- You know what they say: If it ain't got Telechron, it ain't got jack! (That *is* what the kids are saying these days, isn't it? Damn teens and their jazz records.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed your posts, too -- I didn't have the internets for a week! But I'm happy it's Saturday and can catch up... And would you believe I have TWO defunct aqua clock radios in my basement? I forced myself to get rid of my broken pink one. Bah. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kim, another great post, you spoil us so much with these great finds, so much so I've tagged you in my blog this week. Check it out when you have a chance. Have a great weekend

    Ms D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No internets? 2 weeks? That's both bliss and torture at the same time, right? But I'm glad you're back~ I missed me some Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Ms D!
    In playing catch-up with reading my friends' blogs, I just realised that my link to yours is broken! Yikes! (So I'll be over to visit you and fix that link ASAP!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim your post gave me a good laugh over my morning coffee. Thank you for becoming a follower, I know I've enjoyed your blog for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, thanks Rosina! Glad to have you here, that's for sure! I just discovered your fab blog, thanks to Ms De Vil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so cool. I love them all. Not sure which is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 家出した少女たちは今晩泊る所がなく、家出掲示板で遊び相手を探しているようです。ご飯をおごってあげたり、家に泊めてあげるだけで彼女たちは体でお礼をしてくれる娘が多いようです

    ReplyDelete
  13. さびしい女性や、欲求不満な素人女性たちを心も体も癒してあげるお仕事をご存じですか?女性宅やホテルに行って依頼主の女性とHしてあげるだけで高額の謝礼を手に入れる事が出来るのです。興味のある方は当サイトTOPページをご覧ください

    ReplyDelete