Friday, February 20, 2009

What Difference Does It Make?

Just a quickie post (I said "just a quickie" uh huh huh huh, shut up Beavis), because it's friday night and I have incredibly exciting and important and amazing and magical things not to do. But. I discovered a website that is so generally me, so wonderfully indifferent and pessimistic and magical (yeah, I don't know what's up with all the "magical" crap either) that I sort of have to share the dismal. Maybe you've already discovered it (in which case, what, you think you're better than me because you dork out on the computer longer than I do?), but if you haven't, the site is Despair.com. Before you're all "Kim, what's the haps, are you turning Goth on me? Have you been buying your clothes at Hot Topic or WHAT because you're freaking me out, man", let me say that no, I am no goth but I do love me some Smiths and generally most 80's gloomy British bands of the ilk, so back off my jock. Nay, the site sells novelty schlock like tee shirts, mouse pads, coffee mugs and that general sort of crap, but the stuff printed on them is hilariously dismal. Sounds weird, I know. But here is a sampling of some of my favorite posters, not that I'd actually buy any, but I sure do love going to the website and wasting time reading all 100-odd sayings they've got. I could marry the guy who made this stuff up. (Although, it might be a girl who invented it, in which case I'd have to wonder if she's my alternate-universe doppelganger, like in that episode of the Twilight Zone.) Good times. In a not-at-all-good-but-slightly-depressing-because-it's-true way. Behold:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. These are good for a chuckle, but I am thankful I try really really hard to not think like that anymore and I dang well know you dont either pally.

    Gotsta live up to high expectations cuz of the small I guess.

    You a Smiths fan? Really? When Im down at whats her names shop, sometimes the XM radio get turned on and they have a "New Wave/Pre Alternative" station that always seems to play the heck out of Mr. Morrisey and/or The Smiths. From now on when I hear a Smiths tune, I will think of you which will make the experience much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Scorpio so I'm a natural-born pessimist, a glass is half empty kind of girl, sorry to report. And yeah, I'm a *total* Smiths nerd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I get in that glass is kinda half empty mood too at times.

    A Smiths nerd huh? I learn new things about you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of those despair.com calendars in my cubicle at work. I bought a custom one, and it's wonderful. Everyone thinks it is so pretty, till they read it. Then they just back out slowly, with a weird look on their face. Good riddance, I say.

    ReplyDelete