Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Atomic Tuesday: Shaken. And Stirred.

Welcome to Atomic Tuesday!

Photobucket


You know, I haven't shopped on ebay in about a year. I lost all interest in the place after one too many craptastic purchases from one too many even more craptastic sellers. Plus, the constant "improvements" to the site made me so frustrated and stabby that I ended up turning all my affection to either vintage websites of sellers I know and trust, or to Etsy, where I enjoy the artistic vibe of the place. (Granted, Etsy's no angel either and has it's fair share of problems, glitches and pains-in-the-asses.) Maybe it's just me and I'm a cynical grumpy jerk, but ebay's become my red-headed stepchild. You know, "I don't hate you, but I don't really like you either. Life was simpler when you weren't in it and sometimes I get drunk and yell at you, so I'm sorry about that. Most of the time I regret yelling at you, except for all those times I don't.")

Lucky for me, I happened to catch wind of today's vintage pick from the seller herself! Damn lucky too, or else I never would've found these 4 Yards of Vintage 50's Atomic Boomerang Fabric, currently at auction on ebay (with 2 more days to go) from seller Specialsomethings. It's on my watch list, but I have a feeling it's gonna skyrocket out of my price range (which is generally about 7 dollars and 42 cents.)


Behold:

Photobucket


Boomerangs! Atomic starbursts! Classic color, classic print, and it's vintage! It's a trifecta of vintage fabric perfection. (Or something.) You can make an awful lot of beer bottle cozies with 4 yards! (What? No one makes beer bottle cozies anymore? Pity. Another lost art.) The print reminds me of a martini with onions and olives, somehow. Am I crazy? (Answer that and pay the price.)


Photobucket

See? I bet you get a martini vibe now too, right?! (No? Oh, OK. I'm the crazy one, then.)

5 comments:

  1. You're not crazy. It TOTALLY has a martini vibe! The red looks like red onions, and the green like olives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhhh, that is just... oohhhh.... too fabulous for words...

    I DO get the martini vibe, I really really do - in fact I got it before I read the part where you said "martini vibe" :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love that fabric! That is going to go for soooo much though isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, I thought "martini" as soon as I saw it! Super cute!!
    http://vavoomvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY! That is the ultimate! It does have that Martini time vibe. Or at least some sort of cocktail! I love that word!
    Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete