Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Atomic Tuesday: Little Star

Photobucket



Welcome to this week's Atomic Tuesday! I haven't featured anything very glitzy or girlie or glam-ish in a while, so today's atomic theme is all about...well...glitzy, girlie, glam-ish things. How's that for descriptive? (Sigh. I'm not so creative with the words this morning, apparently.) Today's feature is the vintage 50's/60's starburst-y pin. Or "brooch" if you're of the fancy persuasion, which I am not. It's a pin. And fab ones, at that! So let's get this party bus on the road, shall we?
(What?! Sigh. I'm going back to bed.)


Photobucket

vintage enamel gold swirly starburst pin.



Photobucket

She wore bluuuuuue....rhinestones vintage atomic pin. (Was that too heavy on the cheese? I bet you're singing it in your head now, aren't you? That is my gift to you.)



Photobucket

vintage gold sputnik-y starburst pin.



Photobucket

vintage rhinestone highly atomic pin. Now that looks like the closest thing to an atomic symbol I've seen in a long time! Swell!



Photobucket

vintage asymmetrical rhinestone starburst pin. Oh man. This one's my favorite of the bunch! "Meet George Jetson..." is stuck in my head now. Yours too? You're welcome.




Photobucket

vintage big ol' explosion of rhinestones pin, in my current favorite color combo of aqua and green! Plus, it looks like one of those poisonous, under-the-ocean plants that tricks fish into thinking it's just a pretty plant and then-POW!-it eats it. I'm not sure if it's healthy that I think that way.



Photobucket

Speaking of poisonous sea critters, this vintage beaded spikey earring & pin set also looks like some demonic sea creature. Sea urchin? Deadly pufferfish? Undersea mines? All this talk of explosives and venomous spikey death fish has made me randy. Paging Dr. Freud.




"Little Star" by the Elegants.

3 comments:

  1. Spangtanglytastic! I love all those brooches, I always say the more rhinestones the better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of them!! Uhhh .. except that last one. Too far out for me .. no rhinestones! I have bunches of that stuff I inherited from my grandmother. I do wear it. Sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are really cool. I love them all. Hope you're having a good week so far.

    ReplyDelete