Sunday, May 2, 2010

Prints Charming Sunday: Mambo Italiano.

Photobucket


"A girl went back to Napoli
Because she missed the scenery..."



I don't know about you guys, but we here in the northeast are roasting our keisters off with unseasonably roasty weather. I assume Californians and the like are used to this, but 90 degree days when it's barely May is evil. So I'm thinking it's time to start investing in some more new (read: old) summer dresses to beat the heat. And margaritas. And frozen daiquiris. But for now a vintage dress with a kicky novelty print will have to do. Like this seriously cool Vintage 50's GONDOLA Novelty Print Dress, (on Etsy from seller Vintage Critter) in a perfect-fo'-summa, cool rayon:


Photobucket


Photobucket

See?! Gondolas! That pretty much rules.



And since we're in a festive mood and all, perhaps a little mood musci will cure what ails us:



I have no idea what this freaky-ass video is all about. I figured we all know the Rosemary Clooney & Dean Martin versions, so please enjoy this video of some French actor named GĂ©rard Darmon doing his version of Mambo Italiano, for some godforsaken reason. Also, it looks like a generic version of Muppets and Tony Bennett. Creepy awesomeness.

6 comments:

  1. Well this CA gal has never gotten used to hot weather lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video was really bizarre. The singer kind of reminded me of Ricardo Montalban. Love the dress though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know....it's so freakin hot and humid around here already. It was so cold last week we had some patchy frost and now it's 90!!

    Agggg!

    MaryDeluxe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those things look like half muppet, half clam. also a smack of weird cartoonyness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. opposite here, spring/summer appeared last week, we all got hopeful I got all my summer clothes out and now, brrrr, chilly and no spring in sight again boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's one bel vestito! And one wacky-tastic video ;)

    I can't take this kind of heat in May, but I guess I can't "get out of the kitchen" right now either - lol. Although I just felt a much cooler breeze coming through window...

    ReplyDelete