Friday, October 16, 2009

Hallween Friday: The Witch Is Back

Photobucket

It's Halloween Friday! Today's theme is the witch. I find the history of witches fascinating, who knows, maybe I was one in a previous life. Probably not a good one, either. A powerful & intelligent woman must obviously have something wrong with her and therefore is a threat. And must die. Not in a humane way either, hells no. We must torture her along the way, so it sends a message to women everywhere not to be different from the crowd and to never speak out of line. Yay! Damn women. Who do we think we are?

Photobucket

So for today's theme I went straight to Etsy, where I knew the crafty witches there would surely have something fitting for me to feature. And there are a buttload of witch crafts to witch jewelry to witch soap to witch skirts to vintage witch things, enough to make your head spin. So much so that it got frustrating, looking at the Halloween things and wondering what direction I wanted to take the blog out for a spin in. Did I want to do an all-vintage theme? That would leave me pretty much with nothing but witch candy bags from the 80's and plastic wall decorations. Meh. Did I want to do a clothing theme? Unless you want to see witch-print tulle tu-tu skirts for 4 year olds, that wasn't gonna fly. (HA! Get it? Sigh.) I almost gave up on the whole damn project. When I start to take things too seriously, it's time to chill the funk out and back the frick off.

But then I came across a seller called BeBop Moon and knew instantly I wanted to show her handmade charm bracelets. They're definitely not too serious! A little kitschy, a bit whimsical and I bet they'll totally make you feel like you're 10 again.

I adore charm bracelets to begin with- the more noisy, jangly crap hanging off of them, the better. I love these Halloween bracelets so hard, it hurts. Hopefully you guys will like 'em too! If you don't... well... you're all a bunch of witches. Here's hoping you enjoy!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. crap, those are cool. i'm on a spending moratorium for a week - but watch out NEXT week ;)

    halloween is our wedding anniversary - my favorite day of the year!

    ReplyDelete