Friday, June 5, 2009

My (Aqua) Blue Heaven Fridays!

Welcome to the second edition (installment? part? episode? what is it?! what do I call you, weekly feature?!) of aqua-hued vintage on Fridays! I'm calling it "My (Aqua) Blue Heaven". Clever, no? Yeah, I know it's not. It took me all of 3.5 minutes to think of it and you guys gotta admit, it's better than my suggestions from last week, so suck it up and love it. LOVE IT SO HARD. Or at least, agree it doesn't suck as much as it could. (That's what he said. Shut up, it is too still funny!)

So the weather has been cold and crappy and grey and rainy and all around unpleasant and not at all June-like all this week. So naturally a jerk-y ol' Scorpio like myself loves it. But get this: apparently most of the population of Earth actually enjoys the sun shining and beautiful days. I know. I couldn't believe it either. What is wrong with humans? Thank jebus I'm not one.

So for today's theme, here are some of my favorite vintage picks in shades of aqua, good for playing lawn darts...or cattle-branding...or assembling an entire village out of dried banana leaves and coconuts after your ship the Minnow crashes onto a tropical island, or whatever else it is that people do in the summer. Enjoy, heat-seeking, fireball-worshipping humanoids of Earth!

Photobucket

Hot damn, I'd stick my hand in a bag of razorblades and vinegar (what? I don't know either, just go with it) for this vintage 50's hot slice of lovin' (what?) from Dorothea's Closet Vintage.


Photobucket

Killer vintage 50's halter dress from Past Perfect Vintage. It's the quilted picker-upper.



Photobucket

Cutest stripey vintage 60's dress from Metro Retro Vintage.



Photobucket

Amazing vintage 50's spike-heeled stilettos~ look how great they go with the stripey dress above! It's like fate! Or kismet! Or coincidence! From Viva Vintage Clothing.



Photobucket

Super skinny, super cool vintage 50's/60's tie from Glad Rags & Curios.




Photobucket

Vintage 60's men's barkcloth cabana swim set- even Elvis himself would roll outta his grave for this set (or return to Earth from his alien abduction. Or make a rare appearance from his trailer court in Reno. Go with whichever one you believe.) From Living*Doll*Vintage.

8 comments:

  1. I love your sense of humor you always make my day. I really really want those first two dresses. ♥darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tri-tone stilettos are killer! Love the necktie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes go with Everything. Anything they don't work with should not be worn.

    and a big thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so welcome! Your dress is so amazing it actually hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with Aqua Blue Heaven!! And I do loooove those shoes, as well as those dresses.... or maybe it's just that I love aqua?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim! You haven't got any idea how much I want that swim set. Man, that's fine! -- Mykal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Mykal! I love when a guy digs men's vintage, thanks for stopping by! And yes, that swim set rocks so hard it hurts.

    ReplyDelete