Friday, March 27, 2009

Die With Your Boots On

I've been in a very 60's sort of mood lately- not the disgusto hippie/peace love and patchouli 60's, but the swanky, tough broad, early to mid 60's Faster Pussycat, Kill! Kill! kind of way. Spy girls, shoot from the hip, lurex jumpsuits, go-go kind of way.

Think: Emma Peel, avenging the crap outta wrong-doers...

Photobucket

...Julie Newmar, thanks for everything! Best Catwoman ever...

Photobucket

...Nancy Sinatra, not quite living up to her Dad's swagger, but saucy all the same. (And I will NOT use a cliche and overdone "these boots are made for walkin'" reference, because it's lame and has anyone ever really used that phrase and meant it? No! So stop saying it!)

Photobucket

And these chicks have the right apparel: skanktastic boots that every girl should have. How's about vintage gold boots? Ohhellsyeah! Am I nusto for thinking these are way too cool?



The seller calls them "Superhero boots" which is made of awesome and now I want to dress up like Wonder Woman and MUST HAVE the matching gold cuffs. Though I probably wouldn't be so motivated as to fight crime in it. More like vacuum and watch Maury Povich in it. Also awesome: the gold boots of glory are a US size 10. (!)

"Die With Your Boots On" by Iron Maiden. That's right, Iron motherlovin' Maiden, bitches.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Emma Peel!!! I thought she was just the coolest thing ever.

    I suffered a big emotional and social set back in high school. My folks would not buy me white gogo boots. I wanted some so badly. It was crippling. I think it really contributed to my social retardation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I love all three of those awesome chicks. Definitely three ladies I've always had a thing for. Have a wonderful weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you know, Ms. Newmar still looks smokin' hot! Oh, to have such good DNA...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those women. I love the oufits. And I looooooove the gold boots. I don't get why they don't have such gorgeous boots in, say, a normal size 5 1/2 or 6.

    Actually, I love all of the boots in all of those pictures. Those boots are made for wearing. (get it? That was like a joke, albeit a bad one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey, this is the home of bad jokes (and bad taste). You know I love a bad pun always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am old enough that all these women influenced who I am today. Sort of. Okay more me of the eighties than today well if I could get my hands on some Emma Peel boots, I would rock the heck out of them.

    ReplyDelete