Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Way-Out Wednesday: Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems

Welcome to Way-Out Wednesday! And in case you're been wondering: why yes, today's title does come from a Notorious B.I.G. song, thanks for asking. My second choice would've been 1970's Funky Dollar Bill, Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow by George Clinton, so there you go. All this talk of money will make a helluva lot more sense in a second, I promise. The references to gangsta rap and funk? Probably not so much.

Photobucket


Since you haven't been truly terrorized by bizarre, unearthed vintage items from the evil clown underworld in a few weeks, today's your lucky day my friend, because I give you this:


Vintage Scary-Ass Clown Piggy Bank:

Photobucket

Could you imagine waking up in the middle of the night, rolling over and seeing THIS staring back at you? I'm repelled yet oddly want-y of this little guy!


Bank-o-doom is currently available on Etsy for a mere $12.50 from seller Luna Park Foundry, who has, in fact, quite a charming shop full of lovely vintage bits and not filled with, say, evil clowns of evilness, I promise.

4 comments:

  1. I think that clown comes alive in the dark
    Shudder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trixie don't say that's it's nearly bed time in the UK, it's dark already, whaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the 'want' factor, there's something almost beguiling about him. it's those baby blue eyes! But, he IS a scary arse clown...step away.
    Yep, I'm SURE he comes alive at night too, waddling around on his bow-tie neck, clinking his (your) loose change. Arrgh...run away.
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am deeply disturbed. All's right with the world.

    Thank you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete