Monday, August 2, 2010

Bye Bye Birdie

I wasn't even going to post today, but thanks to my homeslice Club Vintage who found these (for sale on ebay, of all places), I figured it was a MUST to share these heels with you guys.

I think it's safe to say, these too can be filed under: Oh, SNAP.


And so, I give you ... the birdcage shoe:


Photobucket

I hate birds (seriously), but these are totally acceptable. Plus, they're studded! Peep toe! Ankle strap! Velvet! Can't...form...sentences...


These super rare Vintage La Rose Birdcage Heels are currently up for auction on ebay with 4 days to go, at a current price of $100 with the reserve not met. Oy. Let's torture ourselves more, shall we?


Photobucket

It's a bird! In a cage! For the heel! Naturally they're a wee vintage size 6.5, which means they probably fit like a modern size nuthin'. (Dammit!) But they sure are purdy to look at!

8 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! It's a bird! It's a shoe! It's something I want but cannot afford nor fit into!

    I wonder, do unusual shoes make for good sculpture displays? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOooooo and they're my size...omg...stop being an enabler I'm trying to be good!

    MaryDeluxe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these on EBAY! Noticed the studs but completely missed the bird, go figure. And yes, while I have "freakishly small feet" (according to one of my friends) - size 5 and they would fit the vintage 6 1/2, these little charmers are WAY out of my price range!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really glad they are not my size...I hate being tempted while on a strict budget. But...gosh...they are too die for...for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG they're my size too! However I won't be bidding, I suspect they'll go for a lot, and I didn't win the lottery at the weekend, thanks for posting them though, they are sooooo special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, those are amazing! Who cares about the teeny size - those would go on my mantelpiece!

    xx Charlotte
    Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I managed to pick my jaw up from the floor... Wowza! Those are just too amazing! And definitely not my size... and most assuredly out of my price range... but, well, just, wow!

    ReplyDelete