Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Atomic Tuesday: Pour Some Sugar on Me

Photobucket



Welcome to this week's Atomic Tuesday! Today's theme is all about a certain type of mid-century modern stacking canisters. For some strange reason, I've been coming across these particular canisters all over the ding dang place lately. I'm concerned. Are the cosmos trying to tell me something? Am I fated to buy a set of these or the world as I know it will end? Have I angered the Gods of Kitchen Condiments by improperly storing my flour/coffee/sugar and tea? Or perhaps it's just a coincidence. (*At that moment the skies darkened and there was thunderclap, shaking the ground below! The black clouds parted and Old Bay Seasonus, the God of Spices, emerged with his garlic press to smite me upside the head for not taking kitchen arrangement seriously.*)

So with that in mind, please enjoy today's vintage 60's/70's stacking canister sets and remember: never underestimate the power of a well-organised kitchen.


Photobucket

Vintage Orange Metal Stacking Canister Set.




Photobucket

Vintage Maroon & Orange Stacking Canister Set. 2-tone you say? Awesome.




Photobucket

Vintage Red & White Plastics Consolidated Stacking Canister Set.




Photobucket

Vintage Green & White White Plastics Consolidated Stacking Canister Set.




Photobucket

Vintage Aqua Metal Stacking Canister Set.







"Pour Some Sugar on Me” by Def Leppard. Yep. I used a DL song today. You know you secretly love it.

1 comment:

  1. Old Bay Seasonus...LOL! These canister sets are great. What a novel idea for space saving! I will openly admit to loving Def Leppard..they became popular in my era: the 1980's. Owning Their Hysteria Album (wich this song is on) was a must for any aspiring air guitar player!

    ReplyDelete