Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Atomic Tuesday: Material Girl

Photobucket


Welcome to this week's Atomic Tuesday! I'm gonna keep this short and sweet today, because it's been so sweltering lately that motivation quickly turns to slack, and, wait, OK, so that happens even when it's not jungle-like outside, but it really is especially hard to concentrate and work and be an adult when it's 95 degrees out and all you're thinking about is how good it would be to turn your Slushie from 7-11 into a vodka cherry Slushie. (And don't even tell me I'm the only one who thinks about that at 10:00 in the morning....right?....Right?!) I mean, really, people. It's hot. White hot. (Ha! Did you see how I threw out that random "Pretty in Pink" reference? Did you see that there? Clever, right?! Not so much? Well who asked you anyway? I will quote random 80's movies until the cows come home and you will like it and don't make me pull this car over or I'll show you kids what-for!) Great. See?! The humidity's already gotten to my brain functioning-properly parts and inner dialogue is beginning to unravel, so let's move on before I start arguing with the voices again, shall we? Let's roll.


Today's Atomic Tuesday is something that I know most if you 50's-lovin' girlies and crafty, sew-y chickie types can appreciate: the Vintage Fabric. The possibilities are endless with a kitschy scrap-o-material. Homemade drapes? Too easy. A barkcloth tote bag? Girl, please. A vodka bottle cozy? Now you're talking my language, kid. So without further whatever, the atomic-print vintage fabric:




Photobucket

Vintage 50's/60s Brown Atomic Barkcloth Fabric


Photobucket

Vintage 50's/60's Starburst Barkcloth Fabric- with gold paint stripes & stars. Gold paint! Who doesn't love that?! So shiny...so glimmery...my precioussss.....


Photobucket

And my favorite, this Vintage 50's Crazy Cool Atomic Barkcloth Fabric, with squiggles and polky dots and hourglass-shaped dealies and leaf-like type of thingies. How can you not love this? Well I'm sorry, but if you're not into dealies and thingies and whatevers, I just don't know you.




"Material Girl" by Madonna.

2 comments:

  1. Vintage 50's fabrics....oh how I love thee!

    It's like pea soup out there, I'm melting over here too!

    MaryDeluxe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric!! Now you're talking MY lanquage!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE 50s vintage fabrics!! These you've showcased are WAY cool!!!

    ReplyDelete