Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lust For Life

The financial upswing of post-war, 1950's America enabled many households to have all the modern conveniences they could dream of, leaving for some listless housewives who, out of boredom and empty bottles of peach Schnapps, were discovering a newly born desire to walk on the wild side.

Photobucket

Red Dress: (Dialing number)..."Hello? Is this 867-5309? It is?...Is "Jenny" there?!" (hangs up) I'm such a card, aren't I?

Blue Dress: Lemme do it! Lemme do it! (dialing)..."Hello? Hoopers General Store? Yes, do you have Prince Albert in a can? You do? Well let him out!" (hangs up) Ahahahahaha! Oh boy. What a hoot!

Red Dress: My turn! (dialing)..."Hi, Mrs. Anderson. I was just wondering....is your refrigerator running? It is? Then you better go catch it!" (hangs up) Ah ha ha ha! MAN, I feel so alive! What a RUSH! You know what we should do now? Let's be totally naughty! Let's hop in our convertible, wear cowboy hats and rob a liquor store!

Blue Dress: Yeah! And let's shack up with a hot hitchhiker who turns out to be a young Brad Pitt! And let's blow shit up! And let's use trucker lingo like "little beavers"! And let's drive over a cliff to our deaths! Yay! Best friends forever!



"Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh
    here goes my age :)
    I can remember having an operator ,
    a party line, and calling to check time,temp,etc....
    And those wonderful fun prince albert conversations ,never stopping to realize the operator and everyone on the partyline knew who I was :)
    What can I say I was just a kid .
    those were the days.
    Thanks for the memories .
    I just love visiting your blog it is a great way to unwind after a
    stressful day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such witty posts up here. They really crack me up. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Terry! Glad I could bring back some "warm fuzzies" for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks a ton Keith! You have yourself an awesome weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete