Thursday, March 19, 2009

That's All Right

It's like I always never say, you can never have too much Elvis memorabilia around your house, classing up the joint. The Gotta Have It Collectibles, Inc. company in New York is holding a 9 day auction of Elvis rock and/or roll stuff-o-rama, ending on the 25th. You can waste a ridonkulous amount of time on their site looking at all the marvelous crap you can bid on. Natch, there are a few big ticket items that you can kiss your sweet ass goodbye on unless you want to sell your firstborn (ponder that a moment), but there are also much less expensive lots for under $25. (Granted, the cheap stuff is mostly magazines and records you can find at Any Thrift Store USA for a buck, but still.) Here are some of my favorite things:

Photobucket

Vintage 1950's Teddy Bear brand perfume? Hmm. Let me think about that for second. ICK.

Photobucket

Elvis was a crossdresser. He even has his own line of makeup, like RuPaul would if he could step to the magic which is called Elvis. (Also, I thought the fine print said "Teen Angster" at a quick glance. Did you know Nirvana wore this brand? It's true.)

Photobucket

Vintage 1950's wallet. Apparently you put a picture of your beau in the middle. I'd put a picture of Colonel Sanders there.

Photobucket

Vintage 1950's Elvis Trapper Keeper, for holding your love notes or novelty pencil top erasers or shivs, or whatever it is teenagers carry with them these days.

Photobucket

OMGILOVETHISSOMUCHICOULDCRYORKILLSOMEONE. Vintage 1950's Elvis dog tag sweater clip? So many levels of awesome. Also, the teen angster on the card has no nose and it looks like Elvis may have bitten it off.

Photobucket

(Is it weird that I really want to wear this? Not in a pervy way, just a "hey what's up guys. I'm just hanging out in my jumpsuit" kind of way.)

Photobucket

(Is it weird that I really want to wear these? And totally in the pervy way. I want to get in Elvis' pants. HA! See that? See how I double entendred the crap outta that?)


"That's All Right" by Elvis Presley. DUH.

2 comments:

  1. I respect Elvis, but was never a huge fan. I think if Buddy Holly would have lived on, he would have surpassed Elvis in entertainment ability and musicianship.

    I will say however, that the Elvis dog tags are pretty friggin rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see Col. Tom Parker raking in the royalties now!

    The lipstick looked great with a nice mink poodle sweater clip.

    ReplyDelete