Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rump Steak Serenade

Continuing on with more culinary monstrosities from the 50's! If you haven't eaten yet, you probably shouldn't look at these pictures. But if you have eaten, you probably shouldn't look at these pictures. No one in good conscience should make any of these recipes. In fact, no one should even look in their general vicinity. I cannot be held responsible for any suicidal tendencies or mental anguish the following foodstuffs may cause.

Photobucket

And now, from 1959's "Knudsen Recipes: The Very Best", I bring you the very worst:

Photobucket

Photobucket

These 2 pages are apparently from the "Popular Dishes From 3rd World Countries: Leave No Part of the Animal Behind. Now with More Hooves & Retinas!" section of the cookbook. I've never seen more pure white cream sauce all over the place in my life. (...that's what she said. Hey-yo!...) Which of course brings me to:

Photobucket

The Chamber Pot & Dirty Sock Special: For cooking in the bathroom. Easy come, easy go. Ahem.

Photobucket

Meat and balls. That's all I'm gonna say. Use your imagination.

4 comments:

  1. WOW pally, I have no clue how you find this stuff, but yeah you were right, GROSS!!!!

    Its 11 AM here and you have just pushed my appetite back to at least 1 PM w/ these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd give anything to see what really in that purple jello mold thingy in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM meat suspended in clear gelatin tasty ! I love reading these old cookbooks where every dish was lovingly drowned in Mayonaise and your whitebread sandwiches were smeared with butter on both sides !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like a heart attack with a side of hardened arteries, please! (My white trashy side totally loves to eat like that, who am I kidding?)

    ReplyDelete