Saturday, December 6, 2008

...On The SIXTH Day of Christmas...

...my true love gave to me...six Peeps a laying...

You all know what Peeps are, right? They're little marshmallow treats in the shape of a yellow duck...goose...chicken...bird type creature. They've been around forEVer and usually you get them in your Easter basket, but oh joy, oh rapture, they make seasonal Peeps so you can get your fill of them all year 'round--but if the idea of eating a cutesy little chick makes you heave, no worries, because they make little bunny shapes too, and we all know baby bunnies are just BEGGING to be eaten. I think Peeps taste like garbage, but they get good, believe it or not, when they're stale. I still prefer my baby chicks raw though.

At any rate, because they never really go bad or get moldy or funky, someone thought they'd make a super neat-o craft project. This is old news but new to me: there is a Peeps Diorama contest every March. Seriously. No really, people really do this. The winner of this year's contest did an Egyptian them, to which I say SCREW THAT. Here are my 6 Peep picks:

Little Miss Peepshine:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Mommie Peepest:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Elvis Peepsley:

Photobucket


Reservoir Peeps:

Photobucket

Photobucket

A Christmas Peep:
Photobucket

Photobucket

and my favorite, Gentleman Prefer Peeps:

Photobucket

Photobucket



If you're a loser like me and are all about wasting time by reading all the very unimportant non-news news, then you can read about the Peep Contest and see other contestants at the Washington Post. Because let's face it, there will never be peace in the middle east, no matter who the president is in office, he'll be an inept idiot, SUV's are evil and the economy still sucks. As long as nothing changes, I'll continue to read news about the alien who lives at Cher's house and how Clay Aiken is filming his version of Punk'd called "Southern Punk'd: Burn, Sinner, Burn" and that he's actually always just been a straight southern Baptist woman in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment