Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year, Baby

Happy New Year's Eve, peeps! Don't forget to eat fish today and pork tomorrow...that's some kind of good luck tradition- I think it's a Catholic thing?...frick, I should know this...All I know is that you have to eat fish and pork today and tomorrow to have a lucky 2009. That, and you don't want to piss off Jebus. Or else. Jebus will smite you. He will smite you good! Do you think Swedish Fish counts as the "fish" part of the deal? He really should have specified trout or bass or whatever. Darn you jebus for sabotaging my New Years luck!

I thought I should give back to some of my vintage friends who have done so much for me, if I ended this year on a good note and give props where props is due. Also to prove that I really am not made entirely out of piss and vinegar, as my German Grandma used to say. So it's linky-linky time! Here are a few that were either really helpful throughout the year, or paid me off really well for my friendship, "Can't Buy Me Love"-style. In no particular order, here's a shout-out to my friends and homies who I couldn't have done it without. Done what, you ask? Perhaps commit arson, maybe plot elaborate jewel heists, you'll just never know.

For pretty much the best vintage shopping ever on the interwebs, you must check out: Dorothea's Closet Vintage, Damn Good Vintage, Couture Allure, Glamoursurf (she has the most incredible vintage swimsuits for sale you've ever laid your peepers on)....And (if you're crafty and can sew your own clothes I envy you very much), you might dig these vintage pattern sellers: MomsPatterns, The Ornament Gal, Vintage Fashion Library...

There are so many more homies I'm forgetting to send love to, so I'm sorry if I missed anyone this time around. Maybe next year. (Get it, because next year is tomorrow? Shut up, it was too funny.)

Photobucket

But most of all, thanks to all of you kindred spirits of nerds, freak and geeks out there who read my stabby blog! Hopefully you take away something from it. I loves me some of you guys and you keep me going when I sometimes feel like a nut...and sometimes I don't (stolen retro commercial line!). Keep posting your comments and let me know you're listening/laughing/crying/loathing and keep sending your hate mail! Have a rockin' New Year's Eve! (Dick Clark not included.)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kim! Mine is NOT off to a good start, but Im sure youll hear all about it. I mixed one of those super charged "Rockstar" drinks w/ a margerita or two and it made my heart feel funny, so I had to exit the festivities and head home, plus, I need to work on my Alpha Male skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, that's sucky! Everyone needs to party like a rockstar every once in a while. Well, it's like they always say, there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, Kim. No lucky food for me, but I made it to 2009, so I guess that counts for something, huh?

    ReplyDelete