Friday, July 25, 2008

Never On Sunday

Early this morning I was driving and thought I'd blown a tire, what with the clackity-thumpity-whappity sounds coming from the general tire area of my car. I was thinking, angrily in my head: "Dammitall! I have no time for this today, KARMA." And did I mention I was wearing a lovely outfit of the pajama sort of yoga pant capris and and old tee shirt I've had since about 1988 with an owl on it that says "just say no to drugs". I'm badASS, watch out. But the problem was that I was wearing no... "support system" underneath, if you catch my drift and immediately I was remembering the whole "don't leave the house without clean underwear" thing that moms everywhere like to say. Or a bra would have been good. Normally I never dirtbag it up like that IN PUBLIC, but I was running super extra late this morning and had to drop someone off somewhere so getting dressed was not an option.

Turns out it was not a blown tire, just a really craptastic road that was in the process of being scraped and gouged so the road worker guys could fix it. But just the thought of me getting out of the car IN THAT SUPERCOOL OUTFIT to call someone to tow it made me realise I will NEVER AGAIN looks like a schlump, sans bra or clean underwear. Unless it's the morning after from a Night Of 1000 Cocktails, then all bets are off and you'll be lucky if I'm wearing matching shoes at that point.

One of my main bitches, Michelle of Dollhouse Bettie has some of the most amazing stock of vintage lingerie you've ever seen, ranging from the 20's on up, with a huge emphasis on the 1940's-1950's pinup thang. She also sells repro pinup stuff in all sizes, right up to 1X, so she's got your back curvy broads. Did I mention she also offers glamorous boudoir photography sessions? But not in the "Hey girlie, you wanna make a quick buck? Take off yer top" kind of way, but in a old Hollywood glamour/ set in a gorgeous turn of the century Edwardian flat with period furnishings" kind of way. She has a real world store in San Francisco, on Haight Street even, because she's rolls like that. If you live anywhere near there stop in and tell her Kim said she's a fancy bitch and would like to get in her panties.

A sample if you will, of undieland:








(yeah, the pics are small but they were the only ones I cold swipe, so deal with it pervs)

She'll make sure you never get caught with lame underwear again. Or at least make sure you're WEARING it.

No comments:

Post a Comment