Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blog Tag Wednesday, Suckas!

So I'm finally taking part of the eVintage Society's Blog Tag, which will be a weekly blog every wednesday, so stay tuned. See, I'm a joiner!

Vintage or Bust!~ Wednesday Blog Tag~Prints Charming
April 30th, 2008

Its time for Wednesday blog tag again! The fashion magazines are predicting that prints will be hot for summer…large florals, bold brushstrokes, graphic designs. Lets talk prints!

I've been tagged by Empress Jade's blog, Empress Jade Vintage.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PRINT OFFERED IN YOUR INVENTORY?
What luck. It figures, I just sold some really cute ones over the past week, so this is my current favorite. It's a 50's fab flecked pencil skirt with a crazy green atomic print!



See the awesome?!
Photobucket


WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF NOVELTY PRINT?
Exactly that~ a novelty, something unexpected and out of the ordinary. Flowers and polka dots don't count, those are too basic. But a print that sort of makes you scratch your head and say "What? Why?!"

MOST AMAZING NOVELTY PRINT YOU’VE EVER SEEN?
I covet so many different prints at a time from other sellers, so it's hard to say what the *best* one ever was. I can tell you the best one that I personally ever had (and my heart still hurts from not having it anymore) was on a 50's cotton full skirt- it made no sense and that was GREAT. A print of birds making nests in martini glasses hanging from a clothesline. Oh the pain.

Photobucket


SIZE MATTERS….WHEN WEARING PRINTS, DO YOU PREFER BIG OR SMALL?
Totally irrelevant to me.

COLOR OR BLACK AND WHITE?
Depends on the clothing. I love, love, love black but not so much with the white. I like to add a little color to alot of black, how's that?

WHAT DESIGNER DOES YOUR FAVORITE PRINTS? (think Shaheen, Pucci, etc)
I really like the nonsensical prints by Vested Gentress for chicks. For men, there's nothing better than the Hawaiian prints on 40's and 50's rayon shirts by ArtVogue, Kamehameha and Surfriders Sportswear.

No comments:

Post a Comment